Ireland's 2016 Eurovision - ten facts to make you weep
The good times are but a distant memory. After Nicky Byrne's dismal showing, we've now gone from Eurovision peers to paupers. Here are ten sobering facts about Ireland's 2016 Eurovision entry:
• We finished 15th out of 18 countries in the semi-final, with a paltry 46 points (Australia received 330).
• Nobody gave us a maximum 12 points.
• Our best result (9 points) was from the UK - 7 from the televote, 2 from the jury.
• Of the 21 eligible to vote in semi-final 2, nine gave us a big fat zero.
• On points, Ireland finished 30th of 36 countries across the two semi finals.
• 'Sunlight' ties with Dustin the Turkey's 'Irelands Douze Pointe' as Ireland's worst placed song in the semi finals.
• We have now failed to qualify for the final for three years in a row.
• It's now 19 years since we reached the top five, in 1997.
• Even the Irish public didn't like the song: 'Sunlight' peaked at number 68 in the Irish charts.
• Before Saturday's Eurovision final, Byrne tweeted he was back home eating fish and chips and mushy peas.