20-month-old is cut free from drain by firefighters
A 20-month-old child was cut free from a drain by fire fighters in Taghmon on Monday afternoon.
He was trapped for about 90 minutes.
The child was playing close to his house at Ardmuna when his foot got caught in the drain.
By the time the rescue services were alerted, the toddler's leg was trapped, with a lip on his shoe preventing him from being pulled free.
Fire fighters spent around an hour and a half cutting the footpath and the drainpipe to free the youngster.
The child was then taken by Wexford General Hospital by ambulance, accompanied by his mother. He was said to be shocked, but not physically injured following his ordeal.