Fire shuts Taghmon garda station for few weeks
Published 07/07/2015 | 00:00
Taghmon Garda Station will be closed to the public for the coming weeks after a fire broke out there last Wednesday night.
The blaze, which started as a result of an electrical fault, damaged the building and essential repair works are now being carried out.
The fire was quickly put out by Wexford Fire Service.
The garda station will remain closed to the public for the duration of the works which are expected to last a number of weeks.
However a garda spokesperson said that Taghmon will remain patrolled by gardai and there will be an visible presence in the village for the duration of the works.