Wexford restaurant/takeaway closed by food safety authority
A WEXFORD restaurant/cafe was one of nine food businesses served with closure orers by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland last month.
Zam Zam Kebab House (restaurant/café), of 16 Mallin Street, was served with a closure order on July 27, the order lifted on August 1. It is now back trading.
Dr Pamela Byrne, Chief Executive, FSAI said that all food business operators must take their legal responsibility seriously to ensure they protect the health of consumers by strictly following food safety and hygiene laws. 'It is very disappointing to find that July is the highest month so far this year for Closer Orders needing to be served on food businesses,' she said.'Each Enforcement Order sends a clear message to food businesses that unsafe food safety practices or non-compliance with food legislation is not tolerated by the inspection officers. There is absolutely no excuse for negligent practices. 'Food businesses must recognise that they are legally bound to make sure that the food they serve is safe to eat. This requires ongoing compliance with food safety legislation and hygiene standards. There is absolutely no excuse for careless practices,' said Dr Byrne.