Full details of trip to raise funds in New York revealed
Full details of the forthcoming Wexford hurling fundraising trip to New York have emerged, with an eventful few days facing the Model county delegation.
The hurling trip is from February 7-10, with a full circular of the itinerary already circulated to those with Wexford connections in the big apple.
The circular from John Murphy - a former county Minor footballer from Ramsgrange - is seeking help and support for the function being held over the quickfire visit.
It reads as follows:
'Hi all - hope 2018 continuing to go well. Reaching out to get your help in promoting and supporting a trip in a couple of weeks by Davy Fitzgerald and some current past Wexford hurling greats in an effort to help Wexford compete for the highest honours in the game.
Attached are two posters and a Raffle Ticket booklet that hopefully people can spread around and try get folks to support.
Schedule is as follows:
1. Main reception is Thursday, February 8, at Jack Doyle's in midtown from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. $150 per head for 3-hour open bar and food. Lively panel discussion moderated by past All-Ireland winner Tom Dempsey and featuring Davy Fitz, Lee Chin and Adrian Fenlon, and possibly, if he is up to it, the legendary Art Foley!
The ability to take an advt on the night and have it appear on a large screen of rolling advertizers will be available for $200 (for an ad image to stop for two seconds each time it appears on screen) and $400 (for an ad to appear for four seconds each time it appears on screen).
2. Friday night gathering at Rory Dolan's will see casual gathering in Yonkers at Rory Dolan's. No open bar but some appetizers will be on hand. Admission $25.
3. Hurling clinic - Note also that there will be two hurling clinics on the Friday late afternoon in Rockland GAA Club and on Saturday starting at 11 a.m. at Shannon Gaels in Queens (exact info to be decided).
4. There is also an ability to arrange individual meetings over breakfast, lunch or coffee, with the visitors in the City over Thursday and Friday.
5. Please, please, check out the fantastic array of Raffle Prizes and please try and sell some tickets.
For any info, tickets info, RSVPS for attendance, payments info etc., please contact Laura Staunton in our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sincere thanks everyone for helping support the effort. John M.'