Wednesday 23 October 2019

Club Call

Participants in the Gorey Tennis Club Junior tournament which had a Halloween fancy dress theme
Participants in the Gorey Tennis Club Junior tournament which had a Halloween fancy dress theme
Allied Training, Clonard Industrial Estate, presenting a set of jerseys to the Wexford Albion F.C. Under-13 team (from left): Mark Tormey, David Farrell, Darragh Kirwan, Callum Farrell, David Hayes and Terry Walsh of Allied Training
The successful Enniscorthy/Wexford Under-18 rugby team
Line-out action from the Gorey ladies' rugby team's big win away to Barnhall on Sunday

Gorey Tennis: Junior tournament results - Over-10: 1, Callum Ryan; 2, Niall O'Shughnessy; 3, Oisín Molumby; Under-10: 1, J.P. Power; 2, Aideen Geraghty; 3, John Maher.

The fancy dress competition winners were Caoimhe and Aideen Geraghty as zombie cheerleaders, and Fionn and Oisín Molumby as dead tennis players.

The Christmas tournament will be held for members and non-members on Sunday, December 2, at 2 p.m.

In the meantime, all Juniors are encouraged to get busy organising friendly games through their Junior WhatsApp group and competitive ladder games.

S.B.R. A.C.

Sliabh Buidhe Rovers were in action on Sunday in Adamstown at the Leinster Senior cross-country championships.

Tommy McElwaine continued his great run of form, following on from his rejuvenated fourth place in the Wexford Senior championship. Tommy was first S.B.R. man in 41:04. He was followed by Paul Gibbons in 48:58.

The S.B.R. women had a strong showing at provincial level and worked well as a team, finishing in close order. Lillian Lawless continues to return to her form of the last several years and was first S.B.R. woman home in 24:06, good for 42nd overall.

She was following three seconds and one place later by Ciara Bowe. Completing the tight pack was Belinda Kehoe in 24:24, good enough for 46th place. Well done Lillian, Ciara and Belinda!

Paul Gibbons was in action on Saturday in Dublin at the Brain Tumor Ireland 10k. He had a great run, finishing second overall in 37:22.

On Wednesday there will be a group meeting on The Square in Ferns (Ferns Castle) at 6.30 p.m. They will run laps of the 'V' which are approximately one mile. They will be there for an hour and would welcome club members and non-club members alike.

Anyone who is just starting out running, this is a great way to get started with a supportive group and get fit for the new year. Everyone welcome, and please wear a hi-vis jacket.

All club results, fixtures and information are available at


Enniscorthy Under-16 girls took on Our Lady's in the Jacqui Potter Cup in Enniscorthy on Sunday in the Astro Centre.

The home side will move on to the next stage of the cup after winning by seven goals to one, with goals from Elaine Quigley (two), Caoimhe Larkin (two), Laura Smith, Martha Dunne and Eimear Doyle.

Last Sunday saw the Enniscorthy Under-14 second year girls play host to Stillorgan in the first of the Minor B League games. Enniscorthy took control from the start and had created three goal chances within the first five minutes.

Their pressure was rewarded after ten minutes with a super goal by Tara Somers. The home side maintained the upper hand for the remainder of the first-half, applying continual pressure on the Stillorgan defence which resulted in a further four goals, from Leah Kidd, Tara Somers and two from Rebecca Ogilvie, one of which was a reverse stick shot from a difficult angle.

The Dubliners continued to work hard and their efforts came to fruition with a goal scored from a short corner just before half-time whistle.

The visitors came out strongly at the beginning of the second-half and applied sustained pressure on the Enniscorthy defence. This resulted in an early goal to bring the score back to 5-2.

Stillorgan's confidence was now up, having scored two goals without reply, however, the Enniscorthy girls recovered their composure and settled back into their structured passing game.

The home side scored their sixth through Faye Codd and finished strongly. Enniscorthy were well deserving of their 6-2 victory.

Squad: L. Kidd, T. Somers, A. Murphy, F. Codd, R. Ogilvie, L. Sutton, B. O'Brien, L. Jordan, C. Quigley, A. Browne, E. Rothwell, E. Keogh, R. Doyle, E.L. Doran, K. Hennessy, K. Freeman.

A wet day in Stillorgan saw Enniscorthy seconds ladies take on Genesis in the Leinster Cup. They knew it was going to be a tough game from the get go, as the home side started well, but the Wexford side remained strong.

The game was quick to start with Genesis attacking Enniscorthy's goal. O Muirí was strong in defence, but the home team were eager to gain short corners and quickly secured a goal.

Genesis got several more penalty corners, skilfully saved by 'keeper Medcalf. Good play up the wing saw Buttle and Hannah Sweeney take excellent shots on goal.

As half-time neared the Enniscorthy ladies began to settle, but they conceded a goal before the whistle.

The second-half began with strong play from both teams. Captain Neville assisted Murphy on an unlucky near goal opportunity.

The Enniscorthy defence featuring Power, O Muirí, Hatton, Graham and Mernagh faced tough competition, with Genesis obtaining three more goals in quick succession.

Despite this defeat, the Enniscorthy women will learn from the tough day at the office and will take on Clontarf next week, where they will be determined to emerge on top.

Squad: Hannah Graham, Laura Redmond, Elaine Hickey, Avril Buttle, Hannah Sweeney, Róisín Ó Muirí, Saoirse Power, Alice Medcalf, Serena Hatton, Orlaith Breen, Aoife Mernagh, Eleanor Bolger, Megan Dempsey, Ciara Murphy, Mairéad Neville.

For only the second time this season, the Enniscorthy first XI men's team were taking on a side on home turf in the Astro Centre. After the previous week's derby win over rivals Wicklow, Doyle's men were taking on Railway Union of South Dublin.

The Wexford side, like the previous week, were first to strike when, after just six minutes, a rampaging Andrew Rothwell slotted the ball to O'Sullivan who scored the goal after Rothwell received a pinpoint delivery from a line ball by Durnan.

The Slaneysiders had their tails up and were awarded a flurry of short corners but the Dubliners were up to the challenge and saw off the home side's attempts on goal.

The pressure kept coming from Enniscorthy, despite an attempt from Dunne, who forced the young Railway 'keeper into pulling off a good save. It remained a one-goal game at half-time.

Captain Hill challenged his men who had been the dominant side in the first-half to keep putting pressure on their visitors and take all three points. Despite Railway Union starting brightly in the second-half, it took just ten minutes for Hill and his men to double their scoreline, again through O'Sullivan.

O'Sullivan came close to completing his hat-trick minutes later but his attempt went narrowly wide. Medcalf looked certain to make it three goals to nil, but as his shot beat the 'keeper the ball struck the post.

Midway through the second-half Doyle's men did eventually make it three goals to nil, from a short corner scored by Roy Chapman.

Railway didn't give up and Hill and his defence were called upon a number of times in the final quarter, but he wasn't letting go of his clean sheet. The Wexford men saw out the game, winning by three goals to nil, passing the ball around the team, keeping the ball well away from the visitors' grasp.

Enniscorthy will be on the road again this coming weekend as they make the journey to Dublin to take on Weston.

Squad: Graham Hill, Andrew Rothwell, David Simmons, Ivan Rothwell, Cory Cooke, Glen Chapman, Roy Chapman, Daithí Medcalf, William Durnan, James O'Sullivan, Ciarán O'Leary, Charlie Dunne, Jacob English.




N Ross Beta3300372318 Gorey A3201392414

Oulart4103274212 Ballagh Black3102263010

Kilmore Seals3102233310




N Ross Alpha3201462514

Ballagh Red3102254610

Gorey B210117268 Kilmore Gulls200217284


Peter Mulvany and Ger Mulhall took to the streets of Dublin over the bank holiday weekend for the Dublin City Marathon. Ger finished in four hours 14 minutes and Peter finished in six hours three minutes.

The first round of the winter league took place on the track in Enniscorthy recently. Ideal weather conditions brought out a big crowd with over 200 athletes taking part. There was a great turn-out from the club, with 46 Menapians competing.

For many of our young athletes it was the first time they represented the club in competition and they all did themselves and the club proud. It was also heartening to see athletes who normally sprint, jump or throw taking part to help the club pick up valuable points.

The club had four race winners. Cian Donovan sprinted down the home straight to win the Under-10 race. Eimear Halpin ran a thrilling final lap to win the Under-14 race.

Nathan Murphy put a very frustrating year of injury behind him to win the Under-15 race, while the Wexford Under-16 cross-country champion, Róisín O'Reilly, won the Under-16 race.

Well done to everyone who took part and a big thank you to all who helped out. A full list of results is available on the Menapians Facebook page.

The next round of the league takes place on Friday, November 17, in Enniscorthy, starting at 7 p.m. Menapians are in second place overall behind United Striders. Registration opens at 6.15 p.m.

The Leinster Juvenile uneven age cross-country championships were held in Adamstown on Sunday. The weather was very good, with the event being blessed with sunshine throughout and while there was a strong breeze, the course was sheltered so it was never a factor in the races.

The course was challenging but fair. Underfoot conditions varied with parts of the course being excellent but in other places quite soft.

First in action for the club was Cian Donovan, competing in his first Leinster cross-country championships. He had a great run. There was a huge field in his Under-11 race.

A good start put Cian up with the leaders and as the field spread out over the lap, he stayed in touch and finished with a great sprint down the home straight. Cian finished 32nd overall, fourth home for the Wexford team and the Wexford team was fifth overall.

Sinéad O'Reilly was next in action in the Under-13 race. A careful start saw Sinéad establish herself among the race leaders during the first lap. At the end of the first lap, she was in tenth place.

The hard training of late paid off and during the last lap she moved up to sixth place.

Last year, Nathan Murphy created club history becoming the first athlete to qualify for the All-Ireland cross-country championships with the Wexford team. Sinéad now joins him on the list of Menapians that have qualified for All-Ireland cross-country championships, becoming the first girl from the club to do so.

Her All-Ireland championship will take place on Sunday, December 17, in Waterford Institute of Technology.

Ciara Dolan ran in the Under-15 race. She had a good run at the county championships in Ferns a few weeks ago, finishing eighth.

The course and high standard of competition put it up to Ciara in this race but she performed well, running steadily throughout in what was her first time competing in the Leinster championships. She finished 51st overall, the eighth Wexford athlete over the line.

Well done and thanks from Menapians to all those who organised and helped out at the event. Hopefully we will see more Leinster athletics events in Wexford next year.


The Striders Juveniles were in great form at Enniscorthy, starting into another winter league campaign.

Billy Carney got the day off to a flying start by winning a hotly-contested tiny tots race. The Striders girls did very well in their races, from Under-8 all the way up to Under-16, to sit in third place in the race for the girls' trophy.

Well done to all who competed, earning valuable points, including Laura Murphy, Lauren Phelan, Hannah Carney, Ruby Noonan, Maeve Burke, Aoife Barry, Millie Sutton, Sadhbh Rossiter, Cora Noonan, Aoife Lyng, Isabel Bawden, Ciara Murphy, Erinn Shannon, Jessica Sutton, Louise Doyle, Eve Byrne and Clodagh Foran.

The Striders boys did really well, picking up some individual wins along the way and moving to first place in the boys' competition.

Competing for the boys were Niall Barry, Adam Burke, Donagh Grennan, Gearóid Byrne, Jake Sutton, Roan Kavanagh, Rúairí Lyng, Conor Meehan, Max Murphy, Eanna Grennan, Eoin Hannan, Sam Myers, Ronan Shannon, Charlie Alfred, Tommaso Hickey, Kevin Phelan, Seán Lennon, Ben Myers, Finn Kelly, Myles Hewlett, Cosmo Hewlett, Conor Rossiter, Seán Barry, Darragh Flannelly, Owen Lennon, Conor Phelan, Aaron Browne and Cian Flanagan.

In the competition for best club, the Striders have a narrow lead after round one. Thanks to all who competed so well.


The second day of the Leinster cross-country championships saw athletes from throughout the province head to Adamstown on Sunday where a tough, muddy course awaited them.

The day started with a non-championship race for Under-9 athletes, and St. Joseph's were represented by Mia Barry, Aisleann Mullally and Kyle Bolger. All ran really well in the biggest race of their lives with Aisleann, in particular, having a great run to finish in eleventh position.

Huge fields in excess of 150 athletes were a feature of the Under-11 and Under-13 races. The boys' Under-11 race over 1,500 metres saw St. Joseph's claim an individual medal when Joss O'Connor, taking on the older athletes at Leinster level for the first time, finished in a fine twelfth position.

Next home for St. Joseph's was James Cummins in 53rd position, followed by Conor Lanigan (109th), Ciarán Cummins (111th), and Niall Cummins (129th).

A fantastic turn-out of seven club athletes stood on the start line of the girls' Under-11 race over 1,500 metres. Eabha Mullally finished powerfully in 37th place and seventh on the county team which won gold.

Lily Ryan, running out of age, crossed the line in an excellent 67th place and, with Eabha, qualified on the county team for the upcoming All-Irelands.

Keelin Byrne was next home in 107th, followed closely by Kadhla Croke (109th), Caoimhe Barry (110th), Lily Doyle (123rd), bravely finishing with an injured ankle, and Megan Doyle (129th). 

In the Under-13 race over a tough 2,500 metres, Grace Glennon ran the race of her life to finish in a superb 15th position and was fourth scorer on the Kilkenny county team which finished second. Not far behind in a crowded finish was Maeve Bookle in an excellent 41st position, with both girls running out of age.

Maeve finished ninth on the Kilkenny county team and thus qualified with Grace to run the All-Irelands in a month's time. Great battling performances from Áine Purcell and Rachel Foley saw them finish 64th and 103rd respectively, with the club team a creditable seventh.

Danielle Griffin and Jamie O'Connor kept the club flag flying at Under-15 level over a huge 3,500 metre distance. Both were rewarded for fine performances by qualifying for the All-Irelands on successful county teams. Danielle finished 23rd and Jamie was 48th in large fields of runners.

The previous Sunday saw many St. Joseph's athletes head to Gowran for the county 'B' cross-country championships. Individual medals were won by James Cummins, Maeve Bookle, Jamie O'Connor and Katie Bookle. Also wearing the green and white singlet proudly were Kai Chan, Saorlait Mullally, Dervla Ryan, Mia Barry, Ciarán Cummins, Niall Cummins, Kyle Bolger, Barry Furlong, Caoimhe Barry and Eabha Mullally. Stephen O'Connor finished in ninth position in a hard-fought county Novice men's race.

Two weeks after the Dublin marathon, Anita Barry and Tom McDonald took on the Wicklow Hospice marathon in Avondale last weekend. Anita crossed the line in 3:57:30 with Tom not far behind in 4:10:00.


New Ross 24, Newbridge 3: Sunday was cold but bright in Southknock for the visit of Newbridge who were one place above New Ross at the beginning of this round of Leinster League fixtures.

The visitors got off to the better start, converting a penalty with barely four minutes on the clock. Two minutes later, Newbridge had an opportunity to double their lead but were well wide from the tee before having a third penalty awarded another three minutes later, but this time they elected to kick for touch.

These kicks might have changed the direction of what ultimately transpired as Newbridge flashed the ball around the backs for the next 15 minutes but were unable to make any meaningful inroads through the confident Ross defence.

Indeed, the remainder of the first-half was devoid of any significant developments until the 38th minute when good work by the Ross forwards delivered the quick ball the backs were craving, and Eanna Burke sliced back against the grain to go over unopposed under the posts.

Barry Walsh added the additional points, leaving the score at the break 7-3 to the Barrowsiders.

The second-half resumed with Rory Browne scoring his first-ever first team try in the 44th minute after a good line-out take from Tim Coughlan and a solid driving maul involving the entire pack, with Barry Walsh again adding the conversion.

With Ross now getting stronger, dominating the scrum and more confident about moving the ball around, the next period was characterised by big carries from James Ryan and Kyle Roche, with Mick Malone and David Crowdle putting huge pressure on the centre of the Newbridge defence.

In the 57th minute, Ross scored a Barbarians-type try after a great line-out steal on the Newbridge ten-metre line, with smart passing from Barry Walsh to Kevin Burke who sucked the Newbridge defence infield before placing a chip ahead

This popped up beautifully to his brother, Eanna, who pop passed for the onrushing Dean Prendergast to dot down in the left corner.

At this stage, Ross could see opportunities to secure the try bonus point and went seriously in search of it. Several openings were created until Kevin Burke demonstrated great vision and skill to place a crossfield kick just in behind the Newbridge full-back who butchered the take and dropped the ball behind his own line for Seán Crowdle to secure the bonus point and a final scoreline of 24-3.

This was an extremely solid display by the men in red, with no signs of the missed tackles of the previous week. Defence was absolutely unbreachable, being led by massive tackles from David Crowdle, Mick Malone, Shane Roche and Kyle Roche.

The carrying ability of James Ryan and Kyle Roche punched huge holes as they managed to get well over the gain line on every occasion, while Tim Coughlan was imperious at line-out, adding a couple of steals to his own one hundred per cent record on the day.

With so many man of the match contenders and great performances all round, the choice was especially difficult but the decision has gone to Kyle Roche.


Gorey 76, Barnhall 12: The Gorey Senior ladies travelled to M.U. Barnhall for their Leinster League Division 2 fixture on Sunday.

Gorey got off to the best possible start with two tries in the opening ten minutes from Triona Murray and Lauren Farrell, with Murray also making both conversions.

Barnhall, determined to fight back after Gorey's strong start, launched an attack but the visitors managed to stand firm in defence and launch a counter-attack which resulted in Róisín Murphy crossing over for her first try which was converted by Triona Murray.

Murray crossed the line for her second try before Barnhall got on the scoresheet. From the re-start Barnhall applied pressure to the Gorey defensive line and, following a strong maul and some strong carries, Aine Dooley got a well-deserved try.

Gorey then went back on the attack and, after some strong carries from the forwards and good hands, Noreen Nethercott crossed over for a try which was converted by Róisín Murphy.

From the re-start Gorey gathered and the ball went wide to Orla Molloy who went on a strong run, beating several defenders and crossing over for the try which was converted by Róisín Murphy.

Barnhall then went on the attack which resulted in a try being scored out wide by Claire Murphy which she also converted.

Before half-time Gorey managed to cross over the try line once more as a result of strong support play. Caoimhe Molloy got the try which was converted by Róisín Murphy.

At the start of the second-half Gorey picked up where they left off in the first, with Georgina Hearn crossing over for a try and Róisín Murphy adding her third try which she also converted.

The rest of the second-half ebbed and flowed, with Barnhall attempting to get on the scoreboard again. However, the Gorey defence held strong and when attacking managed to score two more tries from Denise Deering and Molly Byrne. This brought the final score to 76-12.

Gorey take to the road again next week for a top of the table clash again Garda/Westmanstown. If you want to give rugby a go, training takes place Tuesday and Friday from 7.30 to 9 p.m. at Gorey Rugby Club.


Enniscorthy 33, Naas 12: The Enniscorthy Under-13s continued their winning ways on Saturday at Ross Road with a 33-12 result versus Naas in their first Leinster League Division 1 match.

The wet ball led to a lot of handling errors and the first six minutes witnessed a lot of knock-ons by Enniscorthy, but to their credit also a lot of turnovers to regain possession and keep pressure on Naas.

This eventually resulted in the blindside flanker, Pádraig Waters, gathering the ball off the back of a ruck and he proved way too strong for the defenders who couldn't hold him as he scored under the posts about seven minutes into the game. Rhyan Whelan converted to leave the home side 7-0 up.

Naas continued to put pressure on Enniscorthy with some strong kicking, and their ability to move the ball out quickly to the wings led to their first try in the left-hand corner after a good run from the ten-metre line.

Four minutes later Enniscorthy's Joe Doyle - who had an exceptional game at outside centre - received the ball and despite the attentions of two defenders he scored their second try under the posts.

Just before half-time, Enniscorthy hooker, Jack Whelan, gained possession and mauled over in a great show of strength only to be held up in the corner. From the five-metre scrum Enniscorthy knocked on.

Naas played the advantage and kicked well downfield where the full-back fielded and kicked back upfield where Joe Doyle gathered expertly. From the resulting ruck, second-row Cody Denton made no mistake to score under the posts, leaving Enniscorthy 21-5 up at the break.

After the re-start there were a lot of handling errors from both sides with the greasy ball getting the better of them at times. Jack Kavanagh at fly-half continued to manage the game well however and, twelve minutes into the second-half, Enniscorthy had the ball up on the Naas '22 when openside flanker Cian Dobbs-Doyle received it and handed off several defenders to race into the corner and score the first of two tries.

The second came nine minutes later when full-back Jack Hennessy caught a relieving kick from Naas, rounded several defenders and off-loaded to Cian Dobbs-Doyle who brushed aside the last defender to score right under the posts.

With Rhyan Whelan kicking very well and getting five conversions, Enniscorthy went into the last minute of the game 33-5 up.

Just on the 50 minutes Naas capitalised on some handling errors to run in a good try which was converted by Edward Choiseul to leave Enniscorthy winning their first game of the Leinster League 33-12.

For the winners, Rory Lynch, Cian Dobbs-Doyle and Jack Whelan were very strong in the forwards, while Joe Doyle had a great game at outside centre.

Enniscorthy: Jack Hennessy, Rhyan Whelan (Seán Doyle, 45), Joe Doyle (David Nolan, 45), Robert Chapman (Dylan Purcell, 45), Connell Kelly (Luke Wheelock, 40), Jack Kavanagh (Jason Sheridan, 40), Tommi Cahill (Adam Power, HT), Lee Quigley (Cillian Hanrahan, 35), Jack Whelan (Gavin O'Connor, 45), Eoin Sheridan-Pope (Brian Lett, HT), Cody Denton, Rory Lynch, Pádraig Waters, Cian Dobbs-Doyle, Dylan Butler.

Enniscorthy 31, Portlaoise 24: This was an enthralling Leinster Under-14 league battle between two evenly-matched teams, with the home boys shading it at the end thanks mainly to their disciplined defensive display.

Enniscorthy got off to the best possible start when, from the opening drop-off, centre Arron Quigley grabbed the ball and ripped the Portlaoise defence apart to score under the posts. James Kalyta added the conversion for a 7-0 lead.

Five minutes later a marvellous break from Kalyta set full-back Darragh Kehoe free down the right wing, and from the halfway line he skinned the visitors' defence to touch down in the corner.

Portlaoise bounced back, however, to score a brace of tries themselves. Number 8 Marco Byrne picked from the back of a scrum and Arron Quigley was on his shoulder to score the third try, with Kalyta adding the conversion for a 19-14 lead at the break.

Enniscorthy continued to take the game to the visitors and they scored two further tries through Arron Quigley and a brilliant Darragh Kehoe run. James Kalyta added the conversion.

As the clock wound down the home team had to withstand a Portlaoise barrage, as the visitors managed to score two tries to put the result in the melting pot. Enniscorthy, however, defended brilliantly with Conor Walsh, Levi Rozsa, Ian Rigley and Ciarán Doyle to the fore.

The Enniscorthy boys sit proudly on top of section A on points difference ahead of Navan.

Team: Lawrence Power, Aidan Whelan, Conor Walsh, Ian Rigley, Ciarán Doyle, Levante Rozsa, Sam Geraghty, Jude Green, James Kinsella, Liam Byrne, Arron Quigley, James Kalyta, Brian Cronin, Darragh Kehoe. Subs. (all used) - Mark Aspley, Cathal Kennedy, Lee Moore, Mervyn Rogan, James De Lacey, Nathan Murphy.

Wexford Wanderers 27, Enniscorthy 22: Enniscorthy produced a thrilling second-half comeback against Wexford Wanderers at Park Lane on Saturday in the Under-17 league after being 17-10 down at half-time.

Their two try scorers in the opening half were out-half Ben Kidd who made a fine break outside the home team's '22, and number 8 Temi Lasisi who picked from the back of a scrum to touch down, but both conversions were missed.

They played some outstanding rugby in the second period, adding two further tries from flying centre Conor Byrne and second row Jake Freeman who touched down the fourth five-pointer, with Kidd adding the conversion to put Enniscorthy 22-17 in front.

Alas, the home team were not to be outdone and they scored two late tries, with the winning one deep in injury time to secure a super win.

Team: Ben Bailey, Jack Saunders, Tom Mannion, Neil Kidd, Jake Freeman, Jim Doyle, Conor Blyth, Temi Lasisi, Con Maher, Ben Kidd, Tadhg Maher, Mickey Nolan, Conor Byrne, Miguel Byrne, Conor Kavanagh-Morris. Subs. used - Gavin Redmond, Odhran French, Jack Kehoe.

Enniscorthy/Wexford 21, Longford 14: The long journey for Enniscorthy/Wexford's Under-18s to face Longford proved to be a fruitful experience when they came away with a seven-point win.

The win was all the more rewarding as they were 14 points down after 20 minutes before they got their act together. They scored their opening try after a superb break from Cian Wickham was illegally tackled on the line and the referee awarded a penalty try. Mark Power kicked the conversion.

Early in the second-half E/W restored parity when Barry Ryan touched down in the corner and Power kicked a fine conversion.

They really got on top and in the final ten minutes the winning score came from Michael McGinty, with Mark Power adding the conversion for a fine win.

Team: David Afton, Barry Ryan, Steven Hickey, J.P. Farrell, Stephen Hadley, Ryan Hodge, Brian Deeny, Chris Glover, Diarmuid McDonald, Mark Power, Michael McGinty, Danny Ryan, Sebastian Pim, Cameron O'Leary, Cian Wickham.

Wexford People